Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Men's Ice Hockey Wraps Up Regular Season With Senior Day

Men's Ice Hockey Wraps Up Regular Season With Senior Day

HAMILTON, Mass. – The Endicott men's club ice hockey team played a double header weekend to wrap up their regular season. The Gulls lost to Boston College while tying Roger Williams on Sunday as they celebrated Senior Day. Tonight the Blue and Green will wait to see if they earned a spot in the regional tournament. The Gulls finish the regular season at 10-7-1.

Game one at Boston College: L, 3-6

On Friday the squad traveled to Boston College for a Patriot East conference matchup. The Eagles opened up the game with four straight goals before the Gulls found the back of the net halfway through the second period. At the 10:08 mark senior Cameron MacLeod (Hampton Falls, N.H.) worked hard on the senior line of Ryan Pratt (Waltham, Mass.) and Tad Gold (Vineyard Haven, Mass.) to give the Gulls a spark and a spot on the scoreboard.

The Eagles did not go away quietly as they answered MacLeod's goal with just five minutes remaining in the period. However Endicott fought right back as newcomer, freshman, Conor House-Myers scored the second goal of the night with help from freshman Tyler Peabody (Mendon, Mass.) and senior Clark Dumart (Shrewsbury, Mass.) to make it a 5-2 score entering the second intermission.

In the third period MacLeod was able to tab his second goal of the game with help from Pratt but it would not be enough at Boston College came out with the victory.

Game two vs. Roger Williams: T, 4-4

In game two on senior day the game went back and forth the entire time. The Gulls drew first on a power play opportunity as Gold worked with Pratt and MacLeod to take the early 1-0 lead to finish the first period on top. In the second period is where the battle began, Roger Williams opened up with the tying goal at the 15:33 mark.

Less than a minute later the Hawks took the lead after the line of Lobes, Murphy and Boorman were able to slip the puck past sophomore goaltender Mike Soucey (Scituate, Mass.). After a third consecutive goal by the Hawks to take the 3-2 lead MacLeod started the third period when he went skated at goaltender Harrison Fabris to take the one on one shot that found the back of the net, that sparked up his Gulls squad.

Following in his stead it was junior Brendan Moore's turn to tally a goal with help from seniors Kevin Butler (Natick, Mass.) and Chris Murphy (Holden, Mass.) to tie the game back up at the beginning of the third period. After the fourth and final goal for the Hawks to take the 4-3 lead, senior Ed Estey (Beverly, Mass.) scored the tying goal with just 27 seconds left in the game to secure the tie for the Blue and Green with help from MacLeod and Pratt.

The Gulls will wait to find out their fate for the post season this evening. Check in on under the men's ice hockey schedule for details tomorrow.