BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott equestrian team opened up its 2017 season with strong performances at both the Middlebury and University of Vermont (UVM) shows last weekend. Here are the highlights from each show.
- Meredith Bemus (Wilton, Conn.) headlined the Gulls with a regionals qualifying performance in novice fences (fourth overall). She also pointed up to intermediate fences as well.
- In her first-ever show, Brianna Gallagher (Plymouth, Mass.) placed third in walk trot.
- Tessa LeBlanc (Harwich, Mass.) ranked fifth in beginner walk trot canter, while Annabella Silva (North Truro, Mass.) was second in advanced walk trot canter.
- Emily Teel (Somers, Conn.) led a group of three student-athletes in novice flat with a first place performance. Meanwhile, Kathleen Bolduc (Peabody, Mass.) was second and Tracy Crosby (Norfolk Mass.) was fourth in the event.
- McKenzie Paiva (Mansfield, Mass.) claimed third place honors in intermediate flat and fourth place accolades in novice fences.
- Abbigale Gerrish (Greenland, N.H.) rounded out the group with a third place showing in open flat and a sixth place showing in open fences.
UVM SHOW – THIRD PLACE
- The Gulls had three first place performances on the day from Amber Vuilleumier (Clinton, Conn.), Silva, and Paiva. Vuilleumier was first in beginner walk trot canter, while Silva and Paiva produced identical rankings in advanced walk trot canter and novice fences.
- LeBlanc finished second in beginner walk trot canter and Amy Couture (Morris, Conn.) was second overall in the same event.
- Bolduc and Teel both placed third in novice flat (different classes), while Ashley Braffett (New York City, N.Y.) checked in at fifth overall.
- Teel also was awarded fourth place in novice fences.
- Paiva registered a fourth place finish in intermediate flat, while Bemus was sixth in intermediate fences.
- Gerrish earned fifth place honors in open fences and sixth place accolades in open flat.
- Gallagher concluded the Gulls' efforts with a fifth place showing in walk trot.
Endicott returns to action on Sunday, October 22 at the Dartmouth Show in Etna, New Hampshire at the Dartmouth Riding Center (Morton Farm).