CASTINE, Maine – Behind a season-high 464 yards of total offense, the Endicott football team remained undefeated in New England Football Conference (NEFC) play with a 35-14 victory against Maine Maritime at Ritchie Field.
Quarterbacks Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) and Michael Scherer (Middlefield, Conn.) combined for 317 yards passing and four touchdowns, while Lavante Wiggins (Pittsfield, Mass.) punched home his team-leading fifth rushing touchdown of the season to highlight the Gulls' win.
ENDICOTT OFFENSE/DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS
- The Gulls erased a 7-0 deficit early on in the first quarter with a 33-yard TD run from Wiggins and never looked back. Wiggins finished the contest with 65 yards on 11 rushing attempts and one score.
- Ruff (10 yards), Pelletier (10 yards), Crotty (27 yards), and DeNike (78 yards) all followed with receiving touchdowns from the second quarter to the fourth to pull ahead 35-7 with 5:38 left to play in the contest.
- DeNike's 78-yard TD reception is the longest offensive score for the Gulls this season (McLaughlin, 80-yard interception TD).
- Both of Crotty's scores this year have come over 20 yards.
- Crotty, DeNike, Pelletier, and Chris Lipscomb (West Springfield, Mass.) all finished with 60 or more yards receiving.
- Kalosky ended his first career start with 248 yards passing, and three touchdowns on nine completions (12 attempts, .750 completion percentage). He also rushed twice for 16 yards (one first down).
- John Pendergast (Medfield, Mass.), and William Rivera (Orangeburg, N.Y.) tied for the team lead in tackles with 10 each.
- Rivera also recorded a fumble recovery and picked off a pass at the end of the first half.
- Grayson Maddux (Park City, Utah) compiled seven tackles (four solo, 0.5 TFL), and one pass breakup.
- Brett Fox (Niantic, Conn.) aided the Gulls in field position as the junior punter put two of his three attempts inside the opponent's 20-yard line.
MAINE MARITIME OFFENSE/DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS
- James Ferrar (Cumberland, Maine) got Maine Maritime on the board first with a 15-yard touchdown run at the 4:24 mark of the first quarter.
- Corey Creeger (Biddeford, Maine) added the Mariners final score at 3:02 of the fourth quarter on a two-yard scamper into the end zone.
- Creeger closed out the game with 195 yards passing, and 95 yards rushing (both team highs), while Ferrar had 68 yards on the ground.
- Joel Bennett (Chelsea, Maine) and Jordan Susi (South Portland, Maine) both tallied 80 yards or more receiving in the loss.
- Cody Chapman (Bangor, Maine) recorded a team-high nine tackles (seven solo, two TFL), and one pass breakup to lead the Mariners defensively.
- Robert Bradley, Jr. (Slidell, La.) also added eight tackles (five solo, one TFL).
- John Bennett (Chelsea, Maine) and Joshua Crouse (Old Town, Maine) rounded out the list of highlights for the Mariners as both student-athletes picked off pass apiece.
Endicott (3-3, 3-0 NEFC) hosts Western New England University this Saturday in a league matchup at 12 p.m. Maine Maritime (1-4, 0-3 NEFC) travels to Curry next weekend for an NEFC contest at 1 p.m.