NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Endicott football team used a 14-point fourth quarter surge to turn away Coast Guard Academy, 28-17, in conference action at Cadet Memorial Field on Saturday afternoon.
Leading 14-10 headed into the final 15 minutes of play, the Gulls used a six-yard TD reception from Chris Lipscomb (West Springfield, Mass.) at the 10:48 mark, and a 63-yard TD dash from Dante Correa (Plainville, Conn.) with 4:45 remaining to lock up the victory.
The Bears did add a touchdown late (2:21), on a nine-yard catch by Kyle Jackson (Lincoln, R.I.) from Derek Victory (Weston, Fla.), but it wasn't enough to complete the comeback bid in their final home game of the 2016 season.
ENDICOTT OFFENSE/DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS
- Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) passed for 251 yards and two touchdowns (one interception) on 23 completions (36 attempts).
- Lipscomb caught both scores from Kalosky (11 yards – 1st quarter | six yards – 4th quarter), and finished with career-highs in catches (eight) and yards (136) in today's win. Lipscomb also tied his career high for touchdowns as well.
- Correa compiled 95 rushing yards on six attempts, averaging 15.8 yards per carry. The 63-yard touchdown for Correa was the first of his career in 11 games played.
- Hakim Fleming (Bridgeport, Conn.) accounted for Endicott's only other score when he punched home a three-yard run at 6:06 of the second to give the Gulls a 14-7 lead at the half.
- Fleming also took the bulk of the carries out of the backfield as the freshman totaled 13 and gained 55 yards.
- Thomas Connors (Amesbury, Mass.) notched a career-high six catches for 68 yards.
- Defensively, the Gulls held Coast Guard's No. 19 nationally ranked passing offense under its season average as the Bears only amassed 310 yards through the air.
- William Rivera (Orangeburg, N.Y.) paced the squad in tackles with eight (1.0 TFL).
- Endicott notched seven pass breakups, which included a game-high two from Travis Bounsy (West Newbury, Mass.).
- Connor Schinderman (Chappaqua, N.Y.) shined on the defensive line as the sophomore racked up three tackles, two for a loss of 11 yards, one sack, and a pass breakup.
- Jesse Simoni (East Greenbush, N.Y.) recorded five tackles and one interception.
- Junior punter Brett Fox (Niantic, Conn.) compiled 213 yards on five attempts for an average of 42.6 (long 53, one inside-20).
COAST GUARD OFFENSE/DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS
- Victory went 29-for-53 for 310 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception.
- Darius Adams (Nassau, Bahamas) guided the receiving unit with three receptions for 94 yards and a TD, while Jeff Porter (West Newbury, Mass.) had 65 yards on 11 catches, Jackson brought in four catches for 50 yards.
- Jake Behne (Clifton, Va.) registered a team-high seven tackles (one TFL), while Patrick Crowley (San Marino, Calif.) had five tackles, one interception for 16 yards, and two pass breakups.
- Endicott is 4-0 in the all-time series versus Coast Guard.
- The Gulls have also outscored the Bears 108-42 in the four meetings between the two programs.
- Endicott is 3-1 on the road this season.
Endicott (4-5, 4-2 NEFC) finishes up its 2016 regular season on the road next Saturday against Curry at 1 p.m. Coast Guard (3-6, 2-4 NEFC) takes on Western New England University in Springfield, Mass. on Saturday, November 12 at 1 p.m.