BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team turned in a 38-0 league victory against Becker on Saturday afternoon at Hempstead Stadium on Senior Day.
Prior to the game, seniors Ryan Bentz (Epping, N.H.), Christian Filonow (Nashua, N.H.), Brett Fox (Niantic, Conn.), Sam Hayes (Shrewsbury, Mass.), Geoffrey Paige (Abington, Mass.), Zachary Poirier (Pawcatuck, Conn.), Samuel Smith (Middlebury, Vt.), and Lavante Wiggins (Pittsfield, Mass.) were honored for their contributions towards the football program and the Endicott Community.
Sophomore quarterback Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) threw for three touchdowns (14-for-25, two interceptions, 124 yards), while Riley Shanley (Simsbury, Conn.) caught two touchdowns on three catches (31 yards) to lead the Gulls. Wiggins also hauled in a TD catch for 18 yards, and compiled 95 yards total (61 rushing, 34 receiving) to highlight the rest of Endicott's efforts.
- Shanley put the Gulls on the scoreboard first with an eight-yard TD in the right corner of the end zone at 6:29 of the second quarter on a tipped pass.
- John Glaser (East Moriches, N.Y.) followed with a 25-yard field with eight seconds remaining in the half before, Wiggins and Shanley produced back-to-back 18-yard scores through the air in the third (3:45, 17-0 lead) and fourth (10:02, 24-0 lead) quarters, respectively.
- Glaser finished with eight points total (one field goal, five extra points) and also compiled 354 yards on kickoffs (seven attempts, 50.6 average).
- Meanwhile, Hakim Fleming (Bridgeport, Conn.) made it 31-0 with 6:22 to play in the game with a one-yard plunge, while Spencer Burton (Waltham, Mass.) capped off the scoring with a 25-yard scamper with 42-seconds left on the clock.
- The Gulls outgained Becker, 340-37.
- Defensively, Endicott only allowed two first downs, two passing yards, and 35 rushing yards. The Gulls also held the Hawks 0-for-11 in third down conversions.
- Paige collected a team-high nine tackles (one solo, eight assisted, 1.5 TFL), and forced one fumble.
- Dave DiMare (Reading, Mass.) and Kevin O'Brien (Braintree, Mass.) tied for second on the team in tackles apiece. O'Brien also blocked a punt, while DiMare forced one fumble.
- Allen Gibson (Seymour, Conn.) and Filonow rounded out the list of forced turnovers for the Gulls with a forced fumble and interception, respectively. Gibson ended the day with three tackles, including a nine-yard sack.
- Endicott's last shutout came against Nichols at home on September 24, 2016 (37-0 win).
- David Collins (Staten Island, N.Y.) rushed for a team-high 31 yards.
- Michael Bianco (Manorville, N.Y.) posted a game-high 14 tackles (three solo, 11 assisted, 1.0 TFL).
- Daniel Whittenburg (Eastford, Conn.) had 10 tackles (four solo, six assisted, 1.0 TFL).
- Angel Flores (Azusa, Calif.) and Shahiem Wilson (Naples, Fla.) picked off one pass each.
Endicott's season comes to a close at 3-7 overall/2-3 CCC Football, while Becker's wraps up at 1-9 overall/1-4 CCC Football.
(Photo Credit - Allison Moore)