BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's soccer team fell 2-1 to Johnson & Wales (R.I.) tonight in Hempstead Stadium.
The Gulls got off to a quick start, tallying the first goal of the game at the 5:48 mark. Senior Dario Neukom (Palma de Mallorca, Spain) intercepted a pass from the Johnson & Wales defense and sent the ball into the lower right-hand corner for his second of the season.
Jozef Jennings (Barrington, R.I.) tied the game at 1-1 for the Wildcats just under four minutes later. At 28:04 Teagan Drake (Waterbury, Vt.) increased the Johnson & Wales lead to 2-1 with his third goal of the year.
Endicott continued to pressure offensively and had a few good looks on net in the closing minutes of the game, but the Wildcats were able to hold the Gulls from scoring the equalizer.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott freshman goaltender Will Manuel (Mount Pleasant, S.C.) shifts to 2-1-1 on the season. He tallied two saves during the contest.
- The Gulls outshot the Wildcats 13-7.
- Neukom and Victor DaCosta (Rehoboth, Mass.) led the offense with five shots each.
FOR THE FOES
- Johnson & Wales' goalie, Nicholas Mancini (Toms River, N.J.) recorded five saves during the game and improves to 3-1-0 on the season.
- The Wildcats were led offensively by Drake, who tallied two shots.
Endicott (2-1-1) opens conference play on Saturday, September 16 when the Gulls host Eastern Nazarene for a 3:30 p.m. matchup. Johnson & Wales (3-1-0) travels to Plymouth State for a 4:30 p.m. kickoff on Monday, September 18.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)