NASHUA, N.H. – The Endicott men's volleyball team fell to Lasell College, 3-2, by scores of 25-23, 25-27, 19-25, 25-22, and 15-9 on Saturday night in its opening match of the Live Free Or Die Invitational hosted at Daniel Webster College.
Senior outside John Osborne (Freehold, N.J.) paced the Endicott attack by tying his career-high in kills with 20 to go along with 12 digs, two block assists, and two service aces. Alex Wasik (Milford, Mass.) also contributed a career-high 15 putaways, while Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) had 13 kills and Jeremy Doski (Sandy Hook, Conn.) notched 12 kills.
Cameron Little (San Diego, Calif.) ran the offense on 53 assists – two shy of his career high – and freshman Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) helped guide the defense – along with Osborne – by collecting 11 digs.
Lasell senior outside Jeffrey Vautrin (Chicopee, Mass.) led all student-athletes with a match-high 25 kills on 54 swings (.370 hitting percentage). Vautrin also added five digs, two block solos, two block assists, and one service ace to his stat line. Patrick MacDonald (Floral Park, N.Y.) and Tristan Davis (Rochester, N.Y.) chipped in with 17 and 14 kills, respectively.
In the fifth set, Lasell broke a 2-2 tie with an 8-4 run behind two kills from Vautrin, one via MacDonald and another by Ryan Jackson (Canton, Ohio) alongside four errors and never looked back. The Lasers eventually went on to close out the set and the match on back-to-back kills by Vautrin and MacDonald to halt Endicott's three-match winning streak.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 21-3 in the all-time series against Lasell, which dates back to 2000, despite tonight's loss.
- Lasell has received votes in two out of the three American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Top-15 national polls.
- The Gulls hit .313 as a team, which ranks as their highest hitting percentage in a loss this season.
FOR THE FOES
- The Lasers are currently on a three-match winning streak.
- Senior Andrew Glenn (Westport, Conn.) dished out a match-high 55 assists.
- Freshman Jordan Aprea (Newington, Conn.) turned in a team-high 13 digs.
Endicott (4-5) will play Daniel Webster (11 AM) and Rivier (1:30 PM) tomorrow in the final day of the Live Free Or Die Invitational. Lasell (5-4) travels to Wentworth on Tuesday, February 9 for a conference matchup scheduled for 7 p.m.