CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Endicott men's volleyball team posted a season-high .417 hitting percentage to defeat Lesley University, 3-0 (25-6, 25-9, 25-18), and stay unbeaten in conference play (4-0) on Wednesday night at the Nicholas Athletics Center.
Ryan Sutherland (Fairport, N.Y.) paced Endicott offensively with 11 kills (tied career-high) on 13 swings (.769). Dan Seaver (Milford, Mass.) also added six kills on 12 attempts (.417), while Daniel Toth (Glenwood, N.J.) and Seth Braquet (Destrehan, La.) both tallied five kills.
Cameron Little (San Diego, Calif.), Devin Racey (Voorheesville, N.Y.), and Jack Vaccaro (South Kingstown, R.I.) were all charged with running the offense for one set, and produced 11 assists apiece on the night.
The Gulls were dominant throughout the match as tonight's New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) contest featured zero lead changes, and just two tied scores. Toth led Endicott in set one with five kills (1.000), while Sutherland guided the Gulls over the final two sets with four putaways in set two and seven kills in set three.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is now 18-0 in the all-time series against Lesley.
- Sutherland tied his career-high for kills tonight. He originally set that mark on March 3, 2015 against Southern Vermont.
- The Gulls are 6-2 on the road this season.
- Endicott compiled seven service aces for the third time this year (second-most in a match).
FOR THE FOES
- Tyler Burns (Newtown, Pa.) notched a team-high eight kills.
- Karuna Chiemruom (Cranston, R.I.) registered a match-high 12 assists.
Endicott (9-8, 4-0 NECC) returns to action on Tuesday, March 1 at home against Elms at 7 p.m. Lesley (0-4, 0-3 NECC) will take on Daniel Webster and Mount Ida College in a tri-match this Saturday.