BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's volleyball team used a balanced effort on Tuesday night to sweep Lesley University, 3-0 (25-11, 25-12, 25-11), in a New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) matchup at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Ryan Sutherland (Fairport, N.Y.) and Dan Seaver (Milford, Mass.) paced Endicott's attack with seven kills, apiece, while John Osborne (Freehold, N.J.) chipped in with six putaways to highlight the Gulls on offense. Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) also added five kills and six digs in the win.
Cameron Little (San Diego, Calif.) ran the offense for two sets and accumulated 21 assists, four service aces, and two digs, while Jack Vaccaro (South Kingstown, R.I.) collected 13 assists on 19 attempts in the final set of the match.
Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) guided the back row with seven digs and a .923 serve-receive percentage (12-for-13).
The Gulls never trailed in tonight's victory as the match only featured four tied scores (Set 1 – 1 | Set 3 – 3). Endicott hit over .300 in every set, including a match-high .647 hitting percentage (12 K, 1 E, 17 TA) in set three. Defensively, the Gulls also held Lesley to a .071 hitting percentage (Set 1 - .000 | Set 2 – negative .056 | Set 3 - .118).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is now 2-0 this season against Lesley and 19-0 in the all-time series.
- The Gulls have only dropped one set in the entire series versus Lesley.
- Endicott is 5-2 at home this season.
- The Gulls received kills from 10 different student-athletes in the win.
FOR THE FOES
- Tyler Burns (Newtown, Pa.) posted a team-high nine kills to go along with six digs and one service ace.
- Karuna Chiemruom (Cranston, R.I.) facilitated the offense on 13 assists and three digs.
- Jason Hulteen (Galena, Ohio) notched three kills.
- C.Jay Sutton (Billerica, Mass.) tied Healy for the match-high in digs with seven total.
Endicott (12-9, 7-1 NECC) travels to Emmanuel this Thursday for a non-conference match at 7 p.m. Lesley (0-12, 0-6 NECC) visits Elms College tomorrow for a NECC matchup at 7 p.m.