PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Endicott men's volleyball team rallied from a 2-1 deficit against MIT on Saturday afternoon to claim an eventual 3-2 comeback victory over the Engineers by scores of 16-25, 25-20, 19-25, 25-21, and 15-13 in its first of two matches on the day at the Johnson & Wales University (JWU) Tip-Off.
Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) and Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.) split duties running the offense, as Riorden dished out a career-high 32 assists and Dake collected 19. Defensively, C. Riorden also had a team-high 12 digs to record his first career double-double, and Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) notched 10 digs to aid the back row.
As a team, Endicott registered nine blocks (two solo, 14 assisted) in the win. Daniel Toth (Glenwood, N.J.) led the way at the net with one solo block and three assisted blocks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott has won three matches in a row.
- The Gulls compiled a season-high 60 kills (.193).
- Endicott's 48 digs also marked the third time this season the Gulls have had 45 or more in a match.
FOR THE FOES
- Tavish Smith (Laguna Beach, Calif.) guided the MIT attack with 16 kills on 40 swings (.250).
- Skyler Kaufman (Needham, Mass.) and Steven Timberman (Merrick, N.Y.) tied for second on the squad with 10 putaways each.
- Yize Dong (Moraga, Calif.) facilitated the offense with a match-high 41 assists.
- The Engineers hit .229 as a team.
Endicott (4-5) will play Lasell College later today in its final match of the JWU Tip-Off at approximately 2 PM.