BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's volleyball team posted a 3-1 conference win over Elms College by scores of 25-15, 25-16, 18-25, and 25-21 on Wednesday night at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) nearly recorded a double-double on 11 kills, one service ace, and nine digs to lead the Gulls to their sixth straight conference win (6-0). Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) added nine kills, while Endicott also saw nine other student-athletes register at least one kill in the match.
Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) and Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.) split duties running the offense as the duo compiled 18 and 14 assists, respectively. Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) guided the defense with a match-high 19 digs. Twelve of Healy's receptions led to kills, while seven of his 19 total digs correlated in kills as well.
Endicott was never threatened through the first two sets, as both frames only featured two tied scores and one lead change, combined. After dropping set three, the Gulls turned a 17-16 deficit into a 22-17 advantage and never looked back. Lipton fueled the run with three service aces and one kill, while T. Riorden and Tim Fieseler (Bridgewater, N.J.) added solo putaways.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-1 at home this season.
- The Gulls have only dropped one set in conference play this year (16-1).
- Endicott ended Elms' five-match winning streak tonight.
FOR THE FOES
- Daniel Bondarovsky (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) paced the team with nine kills, three service aces, and 14 digs.
- Gabriel Reis Levy (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) had six kills, while Qua'Sean Crowe (Stamford, Conn.) and Blake Fry (Natick, Mass.) tied for third on the squad with five kills each.
- John Dunphy (Farmington, Conn.) dished out a match-high 21 assists.
Endicott (13-9, 6-0 NECC) travels to Regis tomorrow for a conference matchup at 6 PM. Elms (14-8, 6-3 NECC) hosts Regis this Saturday at 1 PM.