BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's volleyball team defeated Newbury College, 3-0, by scores of 25-12, 25-8, and 25-13 on Saturday afternoon in a New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) matchup at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) also added five kills on seven attempts (.714) alongside a match-high five service aces, and two digs. Meanwhile, Jeremy Doski (Sandy Hook, Conn.) and Tim Fieseler (Bridgewater, N.J.) chipped in with four kills apiece to round out the highlights.
Today's match only featured six tie scores (1-1 set one, 1-1 set two, 1-1, 5-5, 6-6, 7-7 set three) and one lead change (6-5 set three) before all was said and done.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 32-10 in all-time series against Newbury.
- The Gulls have won 30 straight sets (ten 3-0 victories in a row) dating back to February 1 versus Wentworth.
- Justin Kegebein (Liverpool, N.Y.) registered two kills and went 10-for-10 on serve-receive in set three. Six of his 10 receptions also correlated in kills.
- Endicott's trio of setters – Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.), Devin Racey (Voorheesville, N.Y.) and Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) – tallied 12, nine, and eight assists, respectively.
- Matt Bozek (Exeter, N.H.) and Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.) both produced three kills and zero errors on five attempts (.600).
- As a team, Endicott hit .565, which included a match-high .632 hitting in set three (13K, 1E, 19TA).
FOR THE FOES
- Trevor Thorne (Oxford, Conn.) and Joshua Thorne (Oxford, Conn.) tied for the team-high in kills with three apiece.
- Oscar Chavez (Independence, Ore.) had a team-high five digs.
Endicott (17-1, 8-0 NECC) visits Elms on Tuesday, March 27 at 7 PM with the potential to clinch the NECC regular season title and home-court advantage throughout the playoffs. Newbury (3-14, 2-5 NECC) travels to Dean next Tuesday at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)