BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 15 nationally ranked Endicott men's volleyball team posted a 3-0 non-conference victory over MIT by scores of 25-22, 25-19, and 25-13 on Thursday night at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) led the Gulls with a match-high 13 kills (.455) to go along with four service aces, nine digs and one block assist. Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.) chipped in with nine kills (.429) and four block assists, while Jeremy Doski (Sandy Hook, Conn.) contributed eight kills (.467), one dig and one block assist to the win.
Endicott also saw Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) notch seven kills, and Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) and Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.) split duties running the offense with 18 and 16 assists, respectively.
As a team, Endicott hit .391 (48 kills, 12 errors, 92 total attempts) on the match and bettered its hitting percentage each set from .244, to .500, and finally to .522 to lock up the victory which only featured five ties and one lead change.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott has won the last three meetings against MIT.
- Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) posted seven digs and went 18-for-18 on serve-receive.
- Lipton guided the squad defensively with a perfect 28-for-28 showing on serve-receive.
- Healy and Lipton also combined to have 25 of their 46 receptions correlate in kills (.543).
FOR THE FOES
- Tavish Smith (Laguna Beach, Calif.) had a team-high 11 kills (.258).
- Skyler Kaufman (Needham, Mass.) registered seven kills (.385).
- Yize Dong (Moraga, Calif.) dished out a match-high 23 assists.
No. 15 Endicott (19-3) hosts Dean College this Saturday at 4 PM. MIT (15-8) plays Ramapo and Springfield this Saturday at 3 and 5 PM, respectively.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)