BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 15 Endicott men's volleyball team reached the 20-win mark for the second consecutive season after registering a 3-0 (25-11, 25-13, 25-11) victory over New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) opponent Dean on Saturday afternoon. It marks the first time in head coach George Chapell's six-year career that his teams have recorded back-to-back 20-win seasons after going 21-11 in 2017.
In Saturday's matchup with Dean, Endicott hit .408 as a team as they were led offensively with six kills apiece by sophomores Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) and Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.). Five other hitters struck four kills which included freshman middle Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.), sophomore outside Justin Kegebein (Liverpool, N.Y.), juniors Jeremy Doski (Sandy Hook, Conn.) and Seth Braquet (Destrehan, La.), and senior outside Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.).
Defensively, both T. Riorden and junior libero Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) had six digs to match Dean freshman outside Diondre Gomes (Fairhaven, Mass.) for the match-high. Felicetti, along with his four kills, had his hands in three total blocks including one solo stop.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is now 2-0 on the season against first-year program Dean after beating the Bulldogs 3-0 back on February 22.
- Sophomore setter Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) had eight assists, four digs, and an ace in the win.
- Junior outside Matt Bozek (Exeter, N.H.) was effective in the third set with three kills on four swings and a block assist.
- Sophomore Tim Fieseler (Bridgewater, N.J.), freshman Erich Roman (Glastonbury, Conn.), and junior Conner Holland (Derry, N.H.) all contributed offensively to Endicott's overall kill total.
FOR THE FOES
- This was the finale for Dean who in their first men's volleyball season totaled 15 wins. They are not eligible for postseason play.
- Gomes led the Bulldogs with four kills and was complemented with three kills each from freshmen Joel Carmona (Lawrence, Mass.) and Juan Fernando Ruelas-Garcia (Milford, Mass.).
- Junior setter Bobby Tetreault (Mattapoisett, Mass.) had a team-high nine assists.
- Both Gomes and senior middle Dean Bennett (Bloomfield, N.J.) both had a solo block in the loss.
No. 15 Endicott (20-3, 10-0 NECC), who has already locked up the top seed in next week's NECC Tournament, concludes their regular season with two matches against conference opponent Lesley on Monday, April 9 starting at 7:00 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)