BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team hosted Keene State in McDonald Gymnasium on Tuesday evening and came away with a 70-40 victory.
The Gulls jumped out to an early lead in the first quarter as they outscored the Owls 16-2 in the first 10 minutes of play.
Endicott continued to build that lead and went into halftime up 32-12.
The third and fourth quarters continued much like the first two, as the Gulls went on to a convincing 70-40 win.
Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) led all scorers for Endicott with 16 points, while Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) and Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.) were close behind with 14 and 12 points, respectively.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Also tallying points for the Gulls on the night were Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.), Tessa Lafrance (Salisbury, Mass.), Catie Lipscomb (West Springfield, Mass.), Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.), and Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.).
- Charette led the team in rebounds with seven, while Pratt had five.
- Kiernan had two steals on the night.
- Coppola, Kiernan, and Pratt each had a team-high three assists.
- Lipscomb and Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) each recorded one block each throughout the game.
- Lafrance went 2-for-3 from behind the arc in her first collegiate game.
FOR THE FOES
- Sandi Purcell (Hudson, N.H.) led the team offensively with 15 points, while Emily McPadden (Tyngsborough, Mass.) contributed 10.
- Leading in rebounds were Purcell, McPadden, and Lilly Shlimon (Pelham, N.H.) with four each.
- Jasmin Mitchell (Meriden, Conn.) dished out a team-high three assists.
- Purcell and Shlimon each recorded three steals throughout the contest.
Endicott (2-1, 0-0 CCC) opens Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play at Nichols on Wednesday, Nov. 29. Tip-off is set for 5:30 p.m.
Keene State (0-4, 0-0 LEC) hosts Rensselaer at 6 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 27.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)