BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team opened Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play at Nichols tonight and came away with a 66-54 win.
The Gulls jumped out to a quick lead in the first quarter but the Bison kept up the pressure and closed the distance to within six points at the end of the first ten minutes of play.
Nichols continued to pressure in the second quarter and came within four points with a little under a minute remaining in the frame but Endicott picked up the pace and went into halftime with a 32-25 lead.
In the third quarter, the Gulls increased that lead to 50-36.
The Bison upped the tempo in the fourth quarter and came within eight points in the closing minutes, but Endicott ultimately held onto the 66-54 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Also tallying points for the Gulls on the night were Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.), Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.), Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.), Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) and Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.).
- Catie Lipscomb (West Springfield, Mass.) pulled down five rebounds during the contest.
- Coppola had two steals on the night.
- Charette recorded a season-high four blocks.
FOR THE FOES
- Amy Assad (Millis, Mass.) led the team with 19 points, while Jessica Larsh (Bolton, Conn.) had 14.
- Leading in rebounds were Assad with 11 and Allison Cerrato (Rockland, Mass.) with eight.
- Larsh dished out a team-high four assists and three steals during the contest.
Endicott (3-1, 1-0 CCC) hosts Curry on Saturday, Dec. 2 at 1 p.m.
Nichols (1-2, 0-1 CCC) plays Gordon at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 2.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)