BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team was handed a 57-48 loss tonight by the University of New England in MacDonald Gymnasium.
The Nor'easters jumped out to an early 8-0 lead in the first eight minutes of the first quarter, but the Gulls responded well to cut that lead to 11-7 heading into the second quarter.
Both teams continued to trade baskets throughout the second frame but UNE held just a one-point advantage at the half.
The third quarter was also very even, with Endicott holding a 19-18 point advantage to knot the score at 36-36 with one quarter remaining to be played.
UNE upped the pressure in the fourth quarter to regain a lead and went on to record the 57-48 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Also tallying points for the Gulls on the night were Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.), Catie Lipscomb (West Springfield, Mass.), Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.) and Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.).
- Charette led the team in rebounds (6) and blocks (2).
- Pratt, Coppola, and Lipscomb each had two steals throughout the contest.
- The game saw seven ties and 11 lead changes.
FOR THE FOES
- Sam McDonald (Lebanon, N.H.) led the team in points with 14.
- Olivia Shaw (Saco, Maine) recorded a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds, she also added a team-high three steals.
- Ashley Coneys (Dover, N.H.) contributed 12 points and seven rebounds, while Jocelyn Chaput (Nashua, N.H.) led the team in assists (5).
- The Nor'easters held the 47-30 rebound advantage.
Endicott (4-2, 2-1 CCC) hosts Salem State at 1:00 p.m on Saturday, Dec. 9 for a nonconference matchup.
UNE (7-1, 3-0 CCC) travels to Tufts on Saturday, Dec. 9 for a 2:00 p.m. game.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)