BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team was defeated by Salem State, 68-55, on Saturday afternoon in MacDonald Gymnasium.
The Vikings grabbed the lead early and never looked back, as they led through the entirety of the contest, with the exception of one tie in the first quarter.
Salem State held a 32-18 lead coming out of halftime, but the Gulls attempted a late rally, coming within six points during the opening minutes of the fourth quarter. Ultimately, the Vikings were able to hold on and secure the 68-55 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Also tallying points for the Gulls on the afternoon were Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.), Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.), Cassandra Stapelfeld (Brookline, N.H.), Tessa Lafrance (Salisbury, Mass.), Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) and Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.).
- Charette led the team in rebounds (5), blocks (3) and assists (4).
- Pratt, Coppola, and Lipscomb each had two steals throughout the contest.
- Coppola is now ranked third on the all-time career assists list at Endicott.
FOR THE FOES
- Kia Fernandes (Wareham, Mass.) led the team in points (19) and rebounds (9).
- Brianna Rodriguez (Salem, Mass.) contributed 14 points and a team-high five assists during the game.
- Saran Kaba (Dorchester, Mass.) recorded four blocks.
- The Vikings held the 42-34 rebound advantage.
Endicott (4-3, 2-1 CCC) hosts MIT at 7:00 p.m on Thursday, Dec. 14 for a nonconference matchup.
Salem State (3-6, 1-3 MASCAC) hosts Wheaton (Mass.) on Friday, Dec. 29 for a 3 p.m. contest during the Salem State Holiday Classic.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)