WALTHAM, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team was handed a 63-41 loss by Brandeis on Friday afternoon.
The Gulls opened play in the first quarter with a three pointer but the Judges then took the lead for good after a 17-0 run.
Endicott fought back to within 10 points (30-20) at the half but Brandeis was able to increase its lead through the remaining two quarters to secure the victory.
Cassandra Stapelfeld (Brookline, N.H.) led the Gulls with a career-high 18 points, while Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.) finished with eight points. Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) had a team-high seven rebounds and Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) recorded a total of seven steals throughout the contest.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Charette and Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) each tallied five blocks on the afternoon.
- Coppola also added three assists and continues to climb the career assists list as she is now 14 assists away from second place.
FOR THE FOES
- Katherine Puda (Whitinsville, Mass.) led the team with 15 points, while Sarah Jaromin (East Greenbush, N.Y.) was close behind with 14.
- Hannah Nicholson (Sunderland, Vt.) recorded a team-high 10 rebounds.
- The Judges held the 54-27 rebound advantage.
Endicott (4-5) travels to Eastern Nazarene on Thursday, Jan. 4 for a 5:30 p.m. conference matchup. Brandeis (7-2) plays at Regis (Mass.) on Tuesday, Jan. 2 at 6 p.m.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)