BOSTON, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team defeated Wentworth, 84-49, on Saturday afternoon at Tansey Gymnasium.
The Gulls opened with a 6-0 run in the first four minutes of play before the Leopards got on the board. Both teams then traded off three-pointers to bring the score to 12-8 in favor of Endicott with four minutes remaining in the first quarter and the Gulls finished the first frame up 23-12.
Endicott continued to increase their lead throughout the second quarter and was ahead, 46-26 at the half.
The Gulls never looked back after halftime as they went on to secure the 84-49 victory.
Cassandra Stapelfeld (Brookline, N.H.) led all scorers with 15 points, nine of which came from behind the arc. Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds throughout the game.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Tessa Lafrance (Salisbury, Mass.) added 13 points and three blocks, while Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.) had a team-high four blocks.
- Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) pulled down nine rebounds for the Gulls.
- Kayleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) led the team in assists (6) and Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) recorded a team-high three steals.
- The Gulls held a 57-36 rebound advantage.
- Endicott now leads the series with Wentworth, 27-3.
FOR THE FOES
- Tan'eja Drayton (Roxbury, Mass.) led the offense with 13 points, while Haley Sabino (Topsfield, Mass.) was close behind with 11.
- Samantha Madden (Plainville, Mass.) and Michelle McCloskey (Madison, Conn.) each recorded five rebounds.
Endicott (5-5, 3-1 CCC) hosts Western New England on Tuesday, Jan. 9 for a 5:30 p.m. conference matchup. Wentworth (1-10, 0-4 CCC) plays Gordon on Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 5:30 p.m.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)