WENHAM, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team defeated Gordon College, 78-55, on Thursday evening.
The first period was close, with the Fighting Scots taking a slight 13-14 edge by the end of the quarter. The Gulls came back in the second quarter to take a 30-28 lead going into halftime.
Endicott upped the offensive pressure out of the halftime break and streched its lead throughout the third and fourth quarters to secure the 78-55 victory.
Cassandra Stapelfeld (Brookline, N.H.) recorded a career and season-high 28 points during the contest. Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.) led the team in rebounds with six, while Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) and Catie Lipscomb (West Springfield, Mass.) were close behind with five each.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Also guiding the Gulls offensivley were Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.) with 17 points, Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) with 15 points and Pratt with 14 points.
- Coppola led the team in assists with five. She took sole possesion of second place on the all-time career assists list with this game's helpers.
- Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) had a team-leading three blocks.
FOR THE FOES
- Sarah Gibbs (Elizabethtown, Pa.) recorded a team-high 13 points while Meghan Foley (Malden, Mass.) was close behind with 11.
- Foley and Gibbs also led in rebounds with 11 and 10 respectively.
- The Fighting Scots held the slight 39-36 rebound advantage.
Endicott (7-5, 5-1 CCC) hosts Roger Williams on Saturday, Jan. 13 at 1:00 p.m. Gordon (4-9, 2-4 CCC) hosts Salve Regina for a 1:00 p.m. contest on Saturday, Jan. 13.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)