BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team fell to Wesleyan (Conn.) by a score of 71-64 on Monday night in MacDonald Gymnasium.
The first quarter was very back and forth as there were four ties and five lead changes, but the Cardinals ended the frame with a slight 14-13 lead.
Endicott went on an 11 point run from 9:12 to 5:07 in the second quarter to take the lead. Wesleyan battled back to within two points and the Gulls went into halftime up 28-26.
The Cardinals began to build their lead in the third quarter as they led 49-42 with 10 minutes remaining in regulation. Endicott continued to pressure Wesleyan though and came within four points two different times late in the fourth but the Cardinals were able to hold on to the 71-64 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) pulled down a team-high seven rebounds.
- Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) dished out three assists throughout the game.
- Emily Pratt (Garnder, Mass.) and Coppola each had four steals on the night.
- Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H) led the team in blocks with two.
FOR THE FOES
- Tara Berger (Purchase, N.Y.) recorded a team-leading 15 points, while Maddie Bledsoe (Newton, Mass.) and Maeve Vitale (Roswell, Ga.) each netted 14.
- Bledsoe led the Cardinals in rebounds with 14.
- Ava Tompkins (Juneau, Alaska) added four assists and four blocks during the game.
- Wesleyan held a 51-33 rebound advantage.
Endicott (8-9) hosts Nichols on Wednesday, Jan. 24 at 5:30 p.m. Wesleyan (12-5) travels to Bates for a 7:00 p.m. contest on Friday, Jan. 26.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)