BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team recorded a 72-41 victory over Nichols on Wednesday night in MacDonald Gymnasium.
The Gulls started the game strong, going up 19-7 by the end of the first quarter. In the second frame of play, Endicott continued the offensive pressure, going on a 15-0 run (7:02-1:05) to extend it's lead to 41-13 at the half.
Nichols battled back after halftime, however, adding more points (19) in the third quarter than they did in the first two quarters combined. The Gulls did not back down though and went on to a 72-41 victory at the end of regulation.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Also adding double-digit points for the Gulls were Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.) with 12 and Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) with 10.
- Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) and Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) led the team in blocks with three and two, respectively.
- Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) recorded four steals throughout the contest.
- Kiernan also led in assists with five, while Putnam had four.
- The Gulls held the Bison to less than 10 points in the first, second, and fourth quarters.
FOR THE FOES
- Isabella Nerney (Guilford, Conn.) led the Bison offensively with 17 points, and Allison Cerrato (Rockland, Mass.) was close behind with 13.
- Shannon St. Lawrence (Milton, N.H.) pulled down a team-high seven rebounds.
- Cerrato recorded three blocks during the game.
Endicott (9-9, 7-4 CCC) travels to Curry on Saturday, Jan. 27 at 1:00 p.m. Nichols (3-14, 1-9 CCC) travels to Gordon for a 1:00 p.m. contest on Saturday, Jan. 27.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)