BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team posted a 73-54 conference victory over crosstown rival Gordon College on Wednesday night at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Cassandra Stapelfeld (Brookline, N.H.) led Endicott with 17 points off the bench. Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) added 13 points, while Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) finished with eight points.
The Gulls never trailed in the contest as the hosts produced a 21-4 lead at the end of the first quarter and never let up from there.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Pratt led the team in rebounds with nine, while Kiernan pulled down five.
- Coppola dished out a team-high seven assists.
- Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) recorded two blocks throughout the contest.
- 26 of Endicott's points came off Gordon turnovers.
- The Gulls are 26-10 all-time against Gordon.
- Endicott has won 22 straight games in the all-time series versus Gordon (12/6/05 – 2/7/18)
- The Gulls' 22-game winning streak against Gordon is the longest streak versus any team in program history (past or present).
- Endicott has now won five games in a row with victories coming against Nichols (72-41), Curry (69-63), Western New England (56-47), Eastern Nazarene (74-54), and Gordon.
FOR THE FOES
- Meghan Foley (Malden, Mass.) compiled a team-high 16 points, while Kristen Smith (Littleton, Mass.) was close behind with nine.
- Sarah Gibbs (Elizabethtown, Pa.) and Foley each pulled down a team-high nine rebounds.
- Olivia Stark (Arvada, Colo.) led the team in assists with four.
Endicott (13-9, 11-5 CCC) hosts Wentworth this Saturday at 1 PM on Senior Day. Prior to the game, seniors Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.), Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.), Hannah Kiernan (Wenham, Mass.), and Hannah Shaw (Bar Harbor, Maine) will all be honored for their contributions towards the women's basketball program and the Endicott community. Meanwhile, Gordon (8-14, 6-9 CCC) visits Eastern Nazarene this Saturday at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace)