BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team defeated top-ranked Roger Williams University, 62-60, during its last regular season Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) matchup.
The Gulls jumped out to an early lead, ending the first quarter up 24-13. They went on to extend that lead to 40-28 heading into halftime.
Roger Williams came out in the third quarter looking to rally and closed the gap to 53-43 with one quarter remaining in regulation.
The Hawks continued to battle, coming within one point with just under three minutes left to play. The Gulls stood strong though and ultimately secured the 62-60 victory over the fifth-ranked team in the NCAA Northeast Regional rankings.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) pulled down a team-high four rebounds.
- Coppola also led the team in steals (4) and assists (5).
- Kiernan recorded one block during the contest.
- The Gulls have now tied the most conference victories in a season during the Brittany Hutchinson era (14-4 in 2013-14 | ECAC Champions | Hutchinson currently in her seventh season).
FOR THE FOES
- Tegan Dunn (Burlington, Conn.) led the team with 18 points, while Gabby Jerahian (Quincy, Mass.) had 16 and Anna Walther (Northampton, Mass.) had 15.
- Dunn also had a team-high 17 rebounds and five blocks.
- Walther dished out five assists throughout the game.
- The Hawks held a 46-23 rebound advantage.
Endicott (16-9, 14-4 CCC) and Roger Williams (21-4, 15-4 CCC) now await the announcement of the first round pairings for the CCC Tournament.
(Photo Credit - David Le)