BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team defeated Curry College, 49-32, in the quarterfinal round of the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament on Tuesday evening at MacDonald Gymnasium.
The Gulls jumped out an early lead, ending the first quarter up 11-5, and then extended that advantage to 23-10 heading into halftime.
In the second stanza, Curry continued to battle in the third, but the Gulls were able to put together a 13-4 run - which included several fast-break layups - to pull away and secure the victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.) contributed seven points and six rebounds.
- Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) recorded 10 rebounds.
- Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.) had a team-high two blocks and three steals.
- The Gulls held a 54-40 rebound advantage throughout the contest.
FOR THE FOES
- Emily Irwin (Billerica, Mass.) led the team with 18 points, nine rebounds, and six steals.
- Nicole Rice (Woburn, Mass.) added seven rebounds and six points.
No. 3 Endicott (17-9) will travel to No. 2 Roger Williams (22-4) for the CCC Semifinal round on Thursday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace)