SALEM, Mass. – Endicott freshman forward Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) recorded the first-ever hat-trick in women's ice hockey program history to lead the Gulls past Salem State, 6-1, on Friday night at Rockett Ice Arena.
Perry found the back of the net twice in the first period at 6:30 and 15:24, respectively, before she completed the hat-trick in the third with an unassisted tally at the 3:05 mark of the period.
Endicott freshman goaltender Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) maintained her shutout bid late into third period before Catherine Salvetti (Saugus, Mass.) potted her first goal of the season at the 17:31 mark.
Jonsson finished with 16 saves to improve to 10-5-4 on the season, while Salem State goaltender Jenn Toussaint (Reading, Mass.) stopped 30 shots in the loss (4-16-0).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is now 1-0-0 in the all-time series versus Salem State.
- Prior to tonight's hat-trick from Perry, Holly Erbe (Woodbine, Md.) held the single-game high for goals with two against Johnson & Wales University on November 6, 2015.
- The Gulls are 6-2-1 on the road this season.
- Meaghan Farragher (Bridgewater, Mass.), Jordyn Cholish (Exton, Pa.), Kylie Hallam (West Barnstable, Mass.), and Danielle Comorre (Tujunga, Calif.) all picked up assists in the win. The helpers for Cholish and Hallam were the first of their respective careers.
FOR THE FOES
- Micaela Keogh (Reading, Mass.) notched her second assist of the season on Salvetti's goal tonight.
- Toussaint made 13 saves in the first, eight in the second, and nine in the third.
Endicott (12-6-4, 10-1-2 CHC) will host Salem State (5-18-0, 4-9-0 CHC) tomorrow at Raymond J. Bourque Arena at 3 p.m.