BEVERLY, Mass. - Behind a dominant offensive performance that saw the Gulls hit .305 for the match, the Endicott women's volleyball team swept Western New England 3-0 in a rematch of last year's Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) championship match.
Endicott was led by junior outside Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, Mass.) as she led all players with 14 kills while hitting for a .364 average. Mancini also grabbed five digs and two aces to complete her night. Senior Lauren Sheehan (Bainbridge Island, Wash.) posted a strong offensive performance as well for the match, after hitting .333 as she finished second among all players with her eight kills.
Sophomore Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) led all players with a .714 average after notching six kills on seven attempts with one lone error. Setter Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) guided the Endicott offense to the third highest hitting percentage of the season at .305. The sophomore finished with another double-double, tallying 32 assists and 10 digs.
BEYOND THE BOX
- Endicott is now 17-4 all-time against Western New England, having gone 5-0 in the last five meetings.
- Emma Mancini leads Endicott with 258 kills on the season, good for third among all CCC players, while her 3.63 kills/set is second. In CCC play, Mancini is hitting .318, good for fourth.
- The 32 assists marked the fourth time Gifford has eclipsed 30 assists in a three set match this season.
- Cydney Pierce (Carpinteria, Calif.) finished with 11 digs to lead the Gulls, the second-best mark in the match.
FOR THE FOES
- Abigail Bundy (Lebanon, Conn.) led the Golden Bears with seven kills on the night, as she hit .267.
- Outside Emmaline Chiodini (St. Louis, Mo.) finished with four kills and 14 digs, a match-high.
Endicott, now 12-8 overall and 5-1 in CCC play is at Wellesley on Friday at 4:30 p.m. before hosting WPI and Tufts on Saturday, while Western New England, now 10-10 and 2-3 in CCC play, hosts Mount Holyoke on Thursday.