BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team opens up its 2018 season this Saturday against Framingham State University, on the road, at 12 PM. Here's a preview of this week's contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott holds a 7-6 advantage in the all-time series. However, the Rams have won the last five meetings in a row.
- Paul McGonagle will make his head coaching debut on Saturday.
- Framingham State has been tabbed as the preseason favorite in the Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) for the 2018 campaign. Dating back to 2014, the Rams have been picked as the MASCAC preseason favorite four times (2014-16, 2018).
- Framingham State has won the MASCAC Championship seven times out of the last eight seasons (co-champs in 2017 with Plymouth State).
- The Rams return MASCAC All-Conference running back Quron Wright and MASCAC All-Conference defensive lineman Joshua Onujiogu to the fold this fall. Wright averaged 105.5 yards per game (5.4 yards per rush) with five touchdowns and 1,160 total yards last year, while Onujiogu led the conference in sacks with 11.5 and total sack yards with 75. He also collected 62 tackles, averaging 5.6 per game.
Endicott will host Bridgewater State University in the first-ever Friday night game at Hempstead Stadium on Friday, September 7 at 7 PM.