BEVERLY, Mass. – Endicott football head coach Paul McGonagle and his coaching staff are proud to announce that Isaiah Gibbs (Teaneck, N.J.), Kha-lil Goodman (Bellmore, N.Y.), Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.), Tom Lorusso (Stony Brook, N.Y.), Grayson Maddux (Park City, Utah), and Shane Toland (Canton, Conn.) will serve the program as captains for the 2019 season.
"I think the team voted for a great group of young men to lead them," said McGonagle. "This group of six captains, which varies from three-year captains to first-time captains, is a testament to the amount of leadership and commitment this team has going forward into 2019 season."
NEED TO KNOW
- Toland is now a three-time captain and is one of only three student-athletes to be named a captain three times or more in his career.
- Toland joins Jay Munroe (2003-07, five times) and Jesse Blackwell (2003-05, three times) on the illustrious list.
- This year's class of captains is tied for the most in program history with the 2011 Class.
- Captains for the 2011 Class included NFL signee Taylor Allen, Endicott Hall of Famer and NFL signee Kevin Eagan, two-time All-Conference selection Sean Gaffney, two-time captain/All-Conference honoree Bill Hickey, Phil Konopka, who ranks second all-time in nearly every quarterback category in program history, and Mike Lane, the program's most prolific running back.
- Gibbs, Goodman, Kalosky, Lorusso, and Maddux will all be first-time captains this coming season.
YEAR IN REVIEW
Endicott finished the 2018 season at 7-4 overall (5-1 CCC Football). Under McGonagle this year, the Gulls finished with a winning record for the first time since 2013 and also made their first playoff appearance since 2013 with a New England Bowl bid against Merchant Marine on November 17.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace)