BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott field hockey team returns to the field looking to capture their third Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) title in program history, after narrowly missing the title during the 2017 season with a 2-1 loss to the University of New England in the championship game.
During the 2017 season, the Gulls recorded an overall record of 17-2 and an 11-1 mark in conference play.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Gulls will play three nationally ranked opponents in No. 7 Babson, No. 11 MIT, and No. 18 Amherst.
- Endicott has appeared in the CCC title game in three of the past four years.
- Head coach, Jodi Cipolla, is just seven wins shy of recording 150 wins at Endicott.
- 2017's 11 CCC wins were the most conference wins in a single season in program history.
- The Gulls have qualified for the CCC Tournament the last 19 seasons in a row.
TOP FIVE OPPONENTS
- No. 7 Babson (9/1, away, 6 PM)
- No. 11 MIT (9/11, away, 6 PM)
- No. 18 Amherst (9/20, home, 7 PM)
- University of New England (10/2, away, 4 PM and 10/27, home, 1 PM)
- Bates (10/18, away, 7 PM)
The Gulls start the 2018 season on Friday, August 31 when they travel to Wheaton (Mass.) for a 2:30 PM contest.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)