BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 8/10 Endicott men's ice hockey team fell to Curry College, 6-3, on Friday night at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
The Colonels jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period on goals from Anthony Trujillo (Toronto, Ontario) and Mic Curran (Arlington, Mass.) at 13:24 and 14:25, respectively.
Curry's Alexander Bouchard (Winnipeg, Man.) then found the back of the net at 5:39 of the second frame to extend the lead to 3-0.
Endicott responded with a tally of their own in the second period to cut the deficit to 3-1. Ricky Carballo (Keller, Texas) redirected a hard shot from Jacob Gammelgaard (Esbjerg, Denmark) to put the Gulls on the board.
The third period saw a flurry of scoring as the Curry and Endicott traded off on goals. Alex Ochterbeck (Dallas, Texas) opened the frame with a tally at 1:42 before Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) answered for the Gulls at the 11:47 mark.
Four minutes later, Curran scored his second goal of the game to give the visitors a 5-2 advantage.
With less than one minute remaining, John Carricato (Ridge, N.Y.) brought Endicott within two goals of the lead, but Curry's Zachary White (Milford, Conn.) buried the insurance goal 28 seconds later to secure the 6-2 win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 5-2-0 in the all-time series.
- Curry killed off an Endicott 5-on-3 power play opportunity in the second period (14:21-15:52) which kept momentum their way.
- Conor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Fla.) made 36 saves between the pipes for the Gulls.
- Justin Ketola (Cloquet, Minn.) improved to 5-3-1 on the season with 40 saves for the Colonels.
- Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.) dished out two helpers on the night, while Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.), Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.), Gammelgaard, and Michael Heidkamp (Marietta, Ga.) all had one.
No. 8/10 Endicott (11-4-2, 5-4-0 CCC) travels to Curry (10-5-2, 5-3-1 CCC) tomorrow at 4:50 PM to complete the home-and-home series between the two programs.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)