BEVERLY, Mass. – Behind a career-high nine-point performance from Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.), the Endicott men's lacrosse team defeated Gordon, 19-5, on Wednesday evening in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Hempstead Stadium.
Jennings potted eight goals and dished out one assist – all in the first half – while Colin Bannon (Westport, Conn.) scored two markers and set up a game-high six tallies to lead the Gulls offensively.
Mitchell Tapley (Falmouth, Maine) also contributed a hat-trick, and Carter Glenn (Underhill, Vt.) and Kenneth Speak (Melbourne, Australia) both found the back of the net twice to aid the Gulls' attack. Matthew Faucher (Western Springs, Ill.) and Chris Reilly (Westwood, Mass.) rounded out the goal scorers for Endicott with one solo tally apiece.
Jake Martin (Watertown, Conn.) and Nico Manganiello (Peabody, Mass.) guided Gordon's offense with two goals each, while Roger Evans (Oxford, Pa.) also netted one marker in the loss.
Endicott starting goalie Cameron Bell (Falmouth, Maine) stopped three shots over 24:20 of action in net for the win (3-6). Backup goalie Kenny Sturgess (Hampstead, N.H.) also compiled seven saves in 35:40 of playing time. Gordon senior goalie Cody Greenwald (Albany, N.Y.) made a game-high 14 saves in the loss (0-8).
The Gulls orchestrated a 10-0 run to begin the contest and never looked back. Jennings ripped home five out of the first six goals for Endicott before Evans finally broke up the shutout for the Fighting Scots at the 12:23 mark of the second quarter with his team-leading 17th goal of the season.
From that point on, Endicott rattled off five unanswered goals to take a 15-1 lead at the break, which locked up the eventual victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With his eight points in tonight's win, Bannon is now No. 10 all-time on the career points list with 201 total.
- The Gulls are now 23-5 in the all-time series against Gordon, which dates back to March 28, 1996.
- Endicott was nearly perfect on its clear attempts in the win (10-for-11).
- Tommy Hughes (Coram, N.Y.) and Derek Yannone (Lynnfield, Mass.) both went 11-for-13 at the face-off X for the Gulls. Yannone finished the day with a career-high nine ground balls, while Hughes ended up with eight.
FOR THE FOES
- William Brown (Uxbridge, Mass.) notched a game-high three caused turnovers in the loss.
- Greenwald also had five ground balls in net for Gordon.
Endicott (3-6, 2-0 CCC) travels to Curry on Wednesday, April 6 for a league matchup at 3:30 p.m. Gordon (0-8, 0-1 CCC) visits Nichols this Saturday at 2:30 p.m.