MEDFORD, Mass. – The Endicott men's lacrosse team lost to No. 3/4 nationally ranked Tufts University by an 18-10 score on Sunday afternoon at Bello Field.
Tufts raced out to a 14-4 lead at halftime and never looked back against the Gulls. Endicott did outscore the Jumbos 6-4 over the final two quarters of play but the Gulls' comeback bid came too late.
Bryan McManus (Madison, Conn.) led Endicott's offensive efforts with five goals and two assists for a total of seven points. Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.) also registered a hat-trick, while Chris Reilly (Westwood, Mass.) and Teddy Hannon (Duxbury, Mass.) rounded out the attack with one solo tally apiece.
For the second straight game, Grant Thompson (South Hamilton, Mass.) and Kenny Sturgess (Hampstead, N.H.) split halves in goal for the Gulls. Sturgess stopped 11 shots in the loss (0-2), and Thompson made 13 saves in the second half.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Tommy Hughes (Coram, N.Y.) went 15-for-30 at the face-off X and scooped up a game-high 10 ground balls.
- Two of Endicott's three road games (0-3) have come against nationally ranked opponents.
FOR THE FOES
- Danny Murphy (Hauppauge, N.Y.) netted five tallies and dished out two assists, all in the first half.
- Michael Mattson (Redding, Conn.) buried three markers.
- Ben Schmerler (Towson, Md.) had five saves to move his record to 3-0 on the season.
- Robert Treiber (Medfield, Mass.) compiled a team-high eight saves in 25:17 of action.
Endicott (0-4) travels to Bates on Tuesday, March 14 at 7 PM. No. 3/4 Tufts (4-0) visits Colby on Saturday, March 18 for a conference matchup at 1 PM.