AMHERST, Mass. – The No. 10 nationally ranked Amherst men's lacrosse team outscored Endicott 3-2 with under nine minutes left in the fourth quarter to register an eventual 12-10 win over the Gulls on Wednesday night.
After Colin Bannon (Westport, Conn.) pulled Endicott within one goal (9-8) at the 13:19 mark of the fourth, Amherst potted back-to-back tallies at 8:53 and 7:35, respectively, which gave the hosts an insurmountable three-goal advantage late in the contest.
Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.) paced the Gulls on offense with three goals and three assists, while Bannon finished with three tallies and one helper. Bryan McManus (Madison, Conn.) added two strikes, and Hayden Souza (West Hartford, Conn.) and Matthew Faucher (Western Springs, Ill.) chipped in with solo tallies.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Every team Endicott has played during its an 0-6 start to the year has either been nationally ranked or received votes among both national polls this season.
- Hughes has not lost the matchup at the face-off X all year.
FOR THE FOES
- Jack Norton (Newtown Square, Pa.) led all scorers with four goals.
- Evan Wolf (Wynnewood, Pa.) notched three goals, while Brogan Mahon (Garden City, N.Y.) and Andrew Ford (Mendham, N.J.) compiled two goals apiece.
- Ford also had two assists to compile four points on the evening.
- Cody Tranbarger (Louisville, Ky.) stopped 13 shots in the win (4-2).
Endicott (0-6) opens up conference play against Roger Williams this Saturday at home at 3 PM. Amherst (4-2) visits Hamilton this Saturday for a league game at 1 PM.