BIDDEFORD, Maine – Endicott senior attackman Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.) scored six goals to lead the Gulls past the University of New England, 10-8, on Wednesday evening in a conference matchup at the Big Blue Turf.
Jennings paced all point-getters in the contest with seven total on his six tallies and one assist. Bryan McManus (Madison, Conn.) also contributed two markers and one assist, while Kenneth Speak (Melbourne, Australia) and Colin Bannon (Westport, Conn.) rounded out the list of scores for Endicott with one goal apiece.
In goal, Grant Thompson (South Hamilton, Mass.) collected 13 saves to move his record to 2-3 on the season. Thompson now has double-digit saves in five games this spring (season/career-high 16 vs. Amherst).
Tied 4-4 late in the third quarter, Bannon jump-started a 4-0 run for the Gulls with his 12th tally of the season off a feed from Jennings with 15-seconds to play. Endicott carried that momentum into the fourth as Jennings buried back-to-back tallies at 14:05 and 13:04, respectively, before Speak capped the spurt with his first goal of the season at 7:55.
UNE responded with a two-goal run of its own over the next 2:43 of play, but McManus and Jennings countered with two straight tallies at 4:12 and 3:46 to help seal the win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bannon dished out a season-high three assists in the win.
- Cam Goodrich (Raynham, Mass.) helped setup Jennings' final strike at 3:46. It was Goodrich's second helper of the season.
- Endicott improved to 24-2 versus UNE in the all-time series.
- Tommy Hughes (Coram, N.Y.) continued his dominance at the face-off X once again as the senior went 14-for-20 and collected six ground balls.
- Shane Hughes (York Beach, Maine), Hayden Souza (West Hartford, Conn.), and Dylan Carter (Bethel, Conn.) also tied T. Hughes for the team-high in ground balls (6 each, respectively).
- The Gulls were 17-for-21 on clears (tied season-high for most successful clears | fifth time this year with 17).
- Endicott handed UNE its first loss at home in 2017.
FOR THE FOES
- Andrew Curro (Niskayuna, N.Y.) guided the Nor'easters offensively with four goals and two assists.
- Dan Auger (Nashua, N.H.) added two strikes, while Alex Zadworny (Florence, Mass.) and Remy Watt (Merrimack, N.H.) scored the only other goals for UNE.
- David Pearson (Scarborough, Maine) made 14 saves in the loss (6-3).
- Wyatt Ehrhardt (Temecula, Calif.) tied Endicott's four student-athletes for the game-high in ground balls.
Endicott (2-6, 2-0 CCC) travels to Wentworth this Saturday for a conference game at 3 PM. UNE (6-3, 1-1 CCC) visits Western New England University this Saturday in a league matchup at 4 PM.