SCHENECTADY, N.Y. — The Endicott men's lacrosse team lost to Union (N.Y.) by a 13-4 score on Wednesday evening in non-conference action at Frank Bailey Field.
Matthew Faucher (Western Springs, Ill.), Myles Horn (Pocasset, Mass.), Nick Arcadipane (Groveland, Mass.), and A.J. MacDonald (New Fairfield, Conn.) all scored for the Gulls in the setback. Meanwhile, junior goalie Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) stopped 10 shots.
Union raced out to a 6-0 lead with 7:05 to play in the second quarter before Faucher finally answered for Endicott with a tally off a feed from Will Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.) to break up the shutout at 5:43. The Dutchmen responded with a 4-0 run, which spanned from 2:07 of the second to 12-seconds remaining in the third, to lock up the win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With the win, Union now holds a 2-1 advantage in the all-time series. Endicott defeated the Dutchmen in their first-ever meeting, 13-12 in double overtime, when Union was ranked No. 14 in the country at the time (3/2/16).
- Along with Clark, Horn and Kenneth Speak (Melbourne, Australia) notched assists in the contest.
- Horn recorded his first career goal (7:08, 4th quarter), first career assist (0:00, 4th quarter), and first career multi-point game in today's matchup.
FOR THE FOES
- Kerry Lyne (Wellesley, Mass.) paced Union with five goals and one assist for six points.
- Hayden Frey (Sudbury, Mass.) compiled two goals and one assist for three points, while Jordan Cooper (Bethesda, Md.) dished out three helpers.
- Kieran McGovern (Wilton, Conn.) rounded out the list of multi-point performances for the Dutchmen with one goal and two assists.
- Sam Bebout (Summit, N.J.) made five saves in 45:42 of action to earn the win (1-0).
Endicott (0-2) hosts the University of New England on Wednesday, March 7 at 4 PM. Union (1-0) travels to Babson College this Saturday at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)