LEWISTON, Maine – The Endicott men's lacrosse team lost to Bates, 15-10, on Tuesday night in non-conference action at Garcelon Field.
Endicott came out strong in the contest as the Gulls raced out to a 5-1 lead at the end of the first quarter, but Bates responded with nine goals over the next two quarters to come away with the eventual five-goal win.
Jack Sutherland (Sudbury, Mass.) and Nick Arcadipane (Groveland, Mass.) paced Endicott with two goals and one assist, respectively. Will Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.) also found the back of the net twice, while Myles Horn (Pocasset, Mass.), Chris Reilly (Westwood, Mass.), Elijah Bard (Agawam, Mass.), and Nick Sturgess (Hampstead, N.H.) all potted solo tallies.
In goal, Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) stopped 11 shots in the loss (1-6).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bates holds a 3-0 advantage in the all-time series (2006, W 14-10 | 2016, W 14-10 – ranked No. 11 | 2018, W 15-10).
- Grant Garrity (Duxbury, Mass.) had a game-high four caused turnovers.
- Newly minted Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Specialist of the Week Derek Yannone (Lynnfield, Mass.) went 17-for-24 at the faceoff X.
FOR THE FOES
- Clarke Jones (Pepper Pike, Ohio) registered five goals and one assist for six points.
- Matt Chlastawa (Westfield, Mass.) compiled a game-high eight points on two goals and six assists.
- Matt Kelleher (Newburyport, Mass.) recorded a hat-trick.
- Rob Strain (Montclair, N.J.) made nine saves in the win (5-4).
Endicott (1-6) hosts Wentworth this Saturday in a CCC matchup at 12 PM. Bates (5-4) visits conference foe Hamilton on Saturday at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)