BRISTOL, R.I. — The Endicott men's lacrosse team posted a convincing 14-5 conference victory over Roger Williams on Wednesday night at Bayside Field.
Jack Sutherland (Sudbury, Mass.) paced the Gulls offensively with four goals and one assist for five points (all career-highs), while Andrew Soucy (Andover, Mass.) added two goals and one assist. Endicott also received a pair of tallies from Ben Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.) and Elijah Bard (Agawam, Mass.) to highlight the win.
The Gulls found their form right away in the first quarter outscoring Roger Williams 7-2 through the first 15 minutes of action and never looked back. Endicott followed with five more goals in the second, and then the Gulls' defense put the finishing touches on the victory the rest of the way giving up just one goal in the second half.
Meanwhile, Derek Yannone (Lynnfield, Mass.) shined at the face-off X going 17-for-22 and goalie Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) made 10 saves to help Endicott remain undefeated in conference play at 3-0 this season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 23-5 in the all-time series against Roger Williams.
- The Gulls have won seven straight meetings versus the Hawks.
- Endicott was nearly perfect on clears going 14-for-15 overall (best percentage this season, .933)
FOR THE FOES
- Tim Mullane (Hanover, Mass.) and Justin MacIntyre (Norwalk, Conn.) both recorded one goal and one assist.
- Chris Bova (Ridgefield, Conn.) dished out two helpers.
Endicott (3-6, 3-0 CCC) hosts rival Western New England this Saturday at 1 PM. Roger Williams (5-5, 1-2 CCC) welcomes the University of New England to its campus on Saturday at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)