BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's lacrosse team lost to Middlebury, 11-9, in non-conference action on Tuesday evening at Hempstead Stadium.
Trailing 8-7 headed into the fourth quarter, Middlebury used a 4-0 run to start the final stanza and held on for the eventual 11-9 victory, the Panthers' fifth win in a row dating back to April 4.
Jack Sutherland (Sudbury, Mass.) guided the Endicott offense on three goals and two assists for five points. The Gulls also saw Kenneth Speak (Melbourne, Australia) and A.J. MacDonald (New Fairfield, Conn.) etch their names into the scoring column twice, while Ben Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.) and Nick Arcadipane (Groveland, Mass.) buried one tally apiece.
Meanwhile, Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) stopped 16 shots in cage for the Gulls. It marks the 10th game this season Dean has compiled 10 or more saves in a contest.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Middlebury improved to 5-3 on the road this season.
- Tonight's matchup featured eight ties and four lead changes.
FOR THE FOES
- Chase Goree (Alexandria, Va.) paced all scorers with four goals.
- Michael McCormack (Williamstown, Mass.) registered three goals and one assist.
- Henry Riehl (Baltimore, Md.) rounded out the highlights on offense with two tallies.
- Charles Midgley (Scarborough, N.Y.) made eight saves to improve to 8-5 on the year.
- Jake Madnick (Glastonbury, Conn.) was 16-for-22 at the face-off X (9 ground balls).
- The Panthers were a perfect 11-for-11 on clears.
Endicott (4-10) hosts the University of New England on Sunday, April 22 at 4:30 PM. Middlebury (8-5) welcomes Tufts to its campus this Saturday at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)