BEVERLY, Mass. – The second-seeded Endicott men's lacrosse team defeated sixth-seeded Roger Williams, 8-5, in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament semifinals on Tuesday evening at Hempstead Stadium.
Tied 5-5 at the end of three quarters, the Gulls took complete control of the game in the fourth outscoring Roger Williams, 3-0, while also outshooting the Hawks, 12-2, to advance to the CCC Championship game on Friday at Western New England (4 PM).
Endicott rallied in the fourth behind a pair of tallies from Will Clark (Burn Hills, N.Y.) and another by Teddy Hannon (Duxbury, Mass.) after seeing Roger Williams go on a 4-0 run from the end of the second (3:06) all the way through the third to even the score at 5-5 with 15 minutes remaining in the contest.
Clark guided the Gulls offensively with a hat-trick, while Hannon potted two markers. Jack Sutherland (Sudbury, Mass.), Nick Arcadipane (Groveland, Mass.), and A.J. MacDonald (New Fairfield, Conn.) rounded out the scoring for Endicott with one goal apiece.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 24-5 in the all-time series.
- The Gulls have won the last eight meetings versus Roger Williams dating back to 4/13/13.
- Only two of today's 13 goals were assisted (one for each team).
FOR THE FOES
- Jared Grier (Quincy, Mass.) paced Roger Williams with two goals.
- Tim Mullane (Hanover, Mass.), Chris Bova (Ridgefield, Conn.), and Gabe Reale (Fairfield, Conn.) all found the back of the net once.
- Ryan Bannon (Hopkinton, Mass.) stopped a game-high nine shots in the loss (1-3).
No. 2 Endicott (7-10) will travel to No. 1 Western New England this Friday to play in the CCC Championship at 4 PM. The Gulls are the defending CCC champions.
Roger Williams sees its 2018 season come to a close at 9-8 overall.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)