AUBURNDALE, Mass. – The Endicott men's soccer team came away with a 3-0 non-conference road win over Lasell College on Tuesday afternoon at Taylor Field.
With the win, Endicott improves to 3-1-1 (1-0-0 CCC), while the Lasers drop to 0-4-0 overall and 0-1-0 in conference play.
A scoreless first half was met with a trio of goals over the final 45 minutes of action as the Gulls lit up the scoreboard down the stretch.
Senior forward Abdulla Al Khalifa (Riffa, Bahrain) booted his fourth (unassisted) and fifth goals (Maillo) of the season in just over four minutes apart in the 78th and 82nd minutes, respectively.
Endicott added its final goal in the 86th minute as sophomore midfielder/back Brendan McLaughlin Colchester, Conn.) found the back of the net for his first goal of the season. McLaughlin was assisted by senior midfielder Shintaroh Itoh (Nerima, Tokyo, Japan).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's match saw junior goalkeeper Nick Weinstein (Trumbull, Conn.) post his third shutout of the season (second-consecutive) and make four saves, his second-most in a match this season.
- Al Khalifa scored two goals in today's match, marking the second time this season he has registered two goals in a match (Sept. 12, 2015 in a 6-0 win over UNE).
- Al Khalifa had three of the team's five shots on goal.
- Itoh picked up his second assist of the season.
- Sophomore forward Diego Maillo (Plantation, Fla.) has recorded assists in back-to-back games for the first time in his career.
- The Gulls out-shot the Lasers 10-2 in the second half.
- The last time Endicott had at least three goals in the second half of a match was on Nov. 12, 2014 in a 5-1 win over Elms in the ECAC Division III New England Quarterfinals when the Gulls netted four in the second stanza.
FOR THE FOES
- Senior goalkeeper Miguel Colmenares (Caracas, Venezuela) made two saves as he dropped to 0-4-0 on the season.
- Senior back Taylor Witherbee (East Bridgewater, Mass.) recorded two of the team's four shots on goal to pace the Lasers' offensive attack.
- Today's match saw the Gulls earn their first win over Lasell and move to 1-0-1 all-time against the Lasers dating back to their only other meeting in November 2012.
Endicott (3-1-1) returns to its home pitch to face rival Nichols College on Friday, September 18 at 7:00 p.m.
Lasell College (0-4-0) hosts Suffolk University on Saturday, September 19 at 2:30 p.m.