WORCESTER, Mass.- The Endicott men's soccer team traveled to WPI on Tuesday night and came away with a 2-1 win.
The Engineers took a 1-0 lead at the 33:53 mark on a goal from Luke Reiniger (Rowley, Mass.).
In the second half, the Gulls stepped up their offensive pressure which led to Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) converting on a penalty kick to tie the game at 1-1.
E. Couchot netted the eventual game-winner and his second tally of the night in the 59th minute to secure the victory for the Gulls. Joshua Sousa (Dartmouth, Mass.) and Slade Vincent (Douglas, Mass.) were credited with assists on the play.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls and Engineers each recorded 14 shots throughout the contest.
- Jack Bacon (Lincoln, R.I.) got the start in net for Endicott and made five saves during the first half.
- Jesse Haines (Villanova, Pa.) came in during the second half and made one stop to earn his first win of the season.
- Endicott is now 2-0-1 all-time against WPI and has won the last two meetings.
- The Engineers entered the night ranked fourth in the United Soccer Coaches regional rankings.
Endicott (2-4-1) hosts Salve Regina on Saturday, September 22 for a 7 PM game. WPI (5-1-1) welcomes MIT on Saturday, September 22 at 4:30 PM.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)