CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Endicott men's volleyball team defeated Lesley University, 3-0, by scores of 25-5, 25-5, and 25-7 on Wednesday night in a conference matchup at the Nicholas Athletic Center.
Despite witnessing the contest only reach 51 minutes in duration, Endicott registered new season-highs for kills (41), hitting percentage (.567), assists (tied-35), and service aces (18) in the victory.
Freshman Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) paced the Gulls with eight kills on 11 swings (.545), while classmate Conner Holland (Derry, N.H.) also highlighted the attack with a career-high six putaways on seven attempts (.857).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls did not allow any kills in the first set, and only seven total in the match (3 – set 2; 4 – set 3).
- Lesley only scored eight of its 17 points off of non-Endicott errors (seven kills, one block solo).
- Devin Racey (Voorheesville, N.Y.) facilitated Endicott's attack with a team-high 13 assists, all coming in the first set.
- Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) dished out 10 assists in the second set, and Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.) rounded out the group of setters with 10 more in the third.
- Amar Patel (Keene, N.H.) collected a career-high five digs.
- As a team, the Gulls held Lesley to a -.082 hitting percentage.
FOR THE FOES
- Jason Hulteen (Galena, Ohio) tallied a team-high five kills.
- Steven Newman (Natick, Mass.) had two kills and four digs.
- Karuna Chiemruom (Cranston, R.I.) set up all seven kills for the Lynx.
Endicott (7-8, 2-0 NECC) travels to Elms on Saturday, February 25 for a league match at 1 PM. Lesley (0-8, 0-2 NECC) hosts John Jay this Friday at 8 PM.