BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's cross country program opens up its 2018 season on Saturday, September 1 against Gordon College in the "Battle of the North Shore" in Wenham, Mass. Here's what to look forward to for the upcoming season.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott has placed second overall in the last two Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championships.
- The Gulls return four key members from last year's team to the fold in Will Connelly (Barrington, R.I.), Jack McGuire (Hopkinton, Mass.), Adam Germaine (Guilford, Conn.), and Marcus Poccia (West Greenwich, R.I.) along with a mass of talent that will supply depth for this year's team.
- Endicott has had at least two members of the program earn CCC All-Conference honors over the last three years. Last season's representatives were Connelly and Zach Marshall (Hinesburg, Vt.).
- For the second time in program history, the Gulls won the CCC Team Sportsmanship award last season (2017, 2007).
- In 2017, Endicott saw three runners receive CCC All-Conference accolades. The honorees were Finocchiaro, Germaine, and Marshall.
2018 SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS
After opening their season in a dual meet against Gordon on September 1, the Gulls will host the Endicott Invitational on Saturday, September 8. The Blue and Green will then compete in the Pop Crowell Invitational on Saturday, September 22 at Gordon College, the Bowdoin Invitational (Sept. 29), and the Suffolk University Invitational (Oct. 12) to close out their regular season slate.
Meanwhile, the CCC Championship will be held on Saturday, September 27 at Gordon College and the NCAA Division III New England Regionals meet will take place on Sunday, November 11 on the campus of Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine.
(Photo Credit - Conner Grant '18)