WARWICK, R.I. – The Endicott club men’s roller hockey team posted a 2-1 record in their opening tournament last weekend. The Gulls fell to Hofstra, 6-4, but bounced back against Stony Brook (5-4) and Boston University (8-6) to come away with a winning record to begin the year.
- Corey Eisenband (Larchmont, N.Y.) paced the Gulls with two goals.
- Cam Gillies (South Portland, Maine) and Kevin Elliott (Plymouth, Mass.) also found the back of the net.
- Matt Kaski (Sandwich, Mass.) dished out two assists.
STONY BROOK HIGHLIGHTS
- Endicott erased a 4-2 deficit in the third period to claim the victory.
- Kaski scored twice – including the game-winner – while Jacob Webster (Westbrook, Maine) also notched a tally in the Gulls’ come from behind win.
BOSTON UNIVERSITY (BU) HIGHLIGHTS
- Kaski led Endicott in the shootout victory against BU with four goals and one assist.
- Kyle MacEachern (Attleboro, Mass.) also compiled two goals and two assists.
- MacEachern tallied five helpers.
- Gillies and Webster both scored their first career goals.
- Matthew Klarnet (Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.) finished the weekend with 73 saves in three games.
“Both wins were pure team wins,” said Eisenband. That’s exactly what we were looking for with this group. We don’t want one guy carrying the team. We want every guy on the roster contributing and that’s what we saw this weekend. It was a great start and we are only going to get better from here.”
Endicott (2-1) will travel to Old Bethpage, N.Y. on Saturday, November 4 and Sunday, November 5 for their second tournament of the season.
(Photo Credit - ECRHA)