BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott softball team is gearing up for the start of the 2019 season which starts on Sunday, March 17.
The Gulls compiled an overall record of 30-6 and a 16-2 mark in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play during the 2018 season. Endicott advanced to the CCC Championship contest and was handed an 8-4 loss by Western New England.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Gulls open the 2019 season by traveling to Clermont, Fla. for their spring break trip where they will play 10 games.
- Endicott has competed in the CCC Championship game in three of the last five seasons.
- The Gulls will look to capture their 11th CCC title in program history, the last of which came in 2014.
- Jamie Hopgood (Warwick, R.I.) currently ranks ninth in the program record books for most doubles with 28, while Hayley Arduini (Southington, Conn.) ranks ninth for most home runs with 12.
- Endicott returns several key student-athletes in 2018 Rookie of the Year and All-CCC Second Team selection Adrianna Favreau (Tewksbury, Mass.), All-CCC First Team honorees Arduini and Gina DeMilt (Princeton, N.J.), All-CCC Second Team selection Hopgood, and All-CCC Third Team selection Maggie Oram (Lexington, Mass.).
HIGHLIGHTED HOME GAMES
- Gordon College (March 29- 2 PM/4 PM)
- Western New England (April 6- 12 PM/2 PM)
- University of New England (April 13- 12 PM/2 PM)
- Curry College (April 19- 3 PM/5 PM)
- Lesley (April 23- 3 PM/5 PM)
The Gulls start the 2019 season on Sunday, March 17 with a 2:15 PM contest against Mt. St. Mary (N.Y.) in Osceola County, Fla.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)