DUDLEY, Mass. – The Endicott softball team traveled to Nichols College for a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) doubleheader and the Gulls came away with a sweep over the Bison. Endicott won the first game, 7-0, and picked up an 11-2 victory during the second contest.
ENDICOTT 7, NICHOLS 0
The Gulls got on the board in the top of the third inning when Adrianna Favreau (Tewksbury, Mass.) hit a two-RBI triple to right field. She then rounded home on a single up the middle from Lauren Misiaszek (Londonderry, N.H.) to give the Gulls a 3-0 advantage.
Favreau drove in one more run in the fifth inning to stretch that lead to 4-0 before Endicott saw three more runs score in the top of the seventh to secure the 7-0 shutout over the Bison.
Maggie Oram (Lexington, Mass.) pitched a complete game to improve to 10-1 on the season overall. She struck out four batters while allowing only two hits.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Leading the Gulls offensively was Favreau, who went 2-for-3 with three RBI.
- Overall, Endicott had 11 hits during the contest.
- Alexis Ferris (Holyoke, Mass.) shifted to 8-7 with the loss in the circle.
ENDICOTT 11, NICHOLS 2
Jamie Hopgood (Warwick, R.I.) got Gulls started in the top of the first inning with a solo home run to give Endicott the early lead.
The Gulls added two more runs in the second frame, highlighted by a triple from Gina DeMilt (Princeton, N.J.) and a single from Hopgood.
Nichols responded with several hits in the bottom of the second in order to cut the deficit to 3-1.
Endicott exploded for four runs in the fourth inning on a sacrifice fly from Favreau and a three-RBI triple from Peyton Atkins (Goshen, N.Y.) before Nichols' Taylor Commesso (Hingham, Mass.) ripped a solo home run to left field to make it a 7-2 game.
The Gulls saw one run in the fifth and three tallies in the seventh, and then shut down the Bison offense the rest of the way to secure the 11-2 win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Laura Somerville (Suffield, Conn.) got the start for the Gulls and pitched a full game to improve to 8-1 on the season.
- Candice Nelson (Oxford, Mass.) was credited with the loss for Nichols.
- DeMilt led the way offensively for Endicott as she went 3-for-5 at the plate.
- With today's sweep, the Gulls went a perfect 16-0 in CCC play during the season.
Endicott (26-4, 16-0 CCC) travels to Babson on Wednesday, April 24 at 3 PM. Nichols (16-13-1, 7-7 CCC) is at Roger Williams for a 12 PM CCC doubleheader on Saturday, April 28.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)