BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team recorded a 60-57 victory over Husson University on Wednesday night in MacDonald Gymnasium.
Both teams battled throughout the first and second quarters but the Gulls went on an 11-0 run in the final five minutes of the second frame to take a 32-23 advantage at the half.
In the third quarter, the Eagles battled back to within four points with 4:58 remaining, however, Endicott was able to stretch the lead back out to 49-39 with only one quarter left in regulation.
The final 10 minutes of play saw each team fighting for the win, as Husson tied the game at 55-55 with two minutes remaining.
Endicott was able to regain the advantage and hold on for the 60-57 win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) led the Gulls in points with 19, while Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) pulled down a team-high nine rebounds.
- Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.) recorded five blocks which tied her career-high.
- The Gulls had 12 blocks total which ties the program record for most blocks in a single game.
- The Eagles held a 42-38 rebound advantage.
- Kenzie Worcester (Washburn, Maine) recorded a team-high 33 points and Sami Ireland (Howland, Maine) had 14 rebounds.
Endicott (5-4) travels to the Salem State Holiday Classic and faces Castleton on Saturday, December 29 at 1 PM. Husson (3-4) hosts UMaine-Fort Kent at 5:30 PM on Friday, December 14.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)