BEVERLY, Mass. – Behind a 15-save performance from sophomore goaltender Sydney Belinskas (Port Orange, Fla.), Trinity College claimed a 3-0 win over Endicott on Saturday afternoon at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Kate Fraley (Edina, Minn.) gave the Bantams 1-0 lead at the 5:28 mark of the second with shot from the slot that found its way through traffic and into the back of the net for her second tally of the season.
Trinity went on to make it 2-0 at 7:43 in the third on Emma Tani's (Orange, Calif.) fourth goal of the season before Shannon Farrell (Kennebunk, Maine) capped the scoring with a tally at 15:18.
Endicott freshman goaltender Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) finished with 30 saves on the afternoon in the loss (6-5-3). Jonsson has now made 30 or more saves in four straight games (five total).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Trinity is 2-0 in the all-time series against Endicott.
- Maggie Layo (Sandwich, Mass.) won a team-high 10 faceoffs for the Gulls.
- Endicott is now 3-3-2 at Raymond J. Bourque Arena this season.
FOR THE FOES
- Farrell led all student-athletes with 16 faceoff wins.
- Trinity is 4-4-1 on the road this season after today's victory.
Endicott (8-6-3) travels to SUNY Canton for a pair of conference games next Friday (4 PM) and Saturday (2 PM). Trinity (7-7-1) hosts Colby on January 29-30 for a two-game homestand at 7:30 and 4:30 PM, respectively.